Question 1 (13 Points)
The website www.caloriecount.com can help dieters stay on track with their weight loss goals. The interactive design firm Ravix LLC has been approached to build a simpler version for iOS devices. You are part of the QA team at Ravix and are starting to determine your test conditions.
- State five (5) SMART user (stakeholder) requirements and five (5) functional requirements for such an app.
- Define three (3) non-functional requirements for the calorie counting app.
Question 2 (7 Points)
Software solutions must adhere to stated requirements and follow established business rules. What is the difference between a requirement and a business rule? How would you include testing of business rules in your testing effort?
Question 3 (10 Points)
Some testing professionals talk of "smoke testing" which is not mentioned in our textbook. What is smoke testing? How does it compare to the testing practices we have studied?
Question 4 (10 Points)
Independent industry certification is increasingly important for many organizations. There are several certifications for Quality Assurance professionals; two of these are the CSTE and the ISTQB certifications.
- What are these certifications?
- What are the requirements to become a CSTE or ISTQB?
- Could you become a CSTE or ISTQB by the time you graduate?